- 2 pounds /1 kg of pumpkin, seeded and chopped into coarse slices
- 1 large red onion, peeled and coarsely sliced
- A few fresh sage leaves, coarsely torn
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Victoria Akkari Organic Culinary Argan Oil
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds or ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon argan oil
- 1 teaspoon creme fraiche or sour cream
FOR THE SAUTÉED GREENS:
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- A handful of Swiss chard
- A handful of curly kale
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Put the pumpkin in a roasting pan with the onions and sage. Season and pour over the argan oil. Cook for around 30min, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, make your dressing. In a small fraying pan on medium heat, toasted the cumin seeds. This should only take a minute, and you will know when they are ready; when the smell of the cumin is in the air. Cool for a minute, then squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and then add the argan oil. Put mixture in a pitcher and leave on the side. Stirring in the crème fraîche
just before serving.
- Now, the greens. In a big frying pan, heat the argan oil and garlic. Throw in the greens and cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven. Put the greens on a plate, top with the pumpkin, and cover with the dressing.